9 Centres Found
Espace Bamboo Asbl Yoga Studio
Welcome to the Space BamboO!
Launched in 2006 by Argentina Juana Kelsey, this place brings multidisciplinary ages goshawks music workshops, artistic or personal.It sings, dances, created, painted, doing yoga or meditate ...The magic of the place? A sweet mix of relaxation and fun for learning and development.The courses give it in French, English and Spanish.
This multidisciplinary space, launched in 2006 by Argentinian Juana Kelsey, brings children and adults together in musical, artistic and physical activities. The participants sing, dance, create, paint/draw, practice yoga and meditate...The charm of the place? A gentle mix of relaxation and entertainment convenient to stimulate the learning process and self-fulfillment.
A dynamic type of yoga where you fast feel more energetic. It is active but also meditative because an inner balance and respect to what happens inside your body is essential.Kundalini Yoga is a powerful holistic technique. It is characterized by an awakening of energies inside of us and promotes a blossoming and harmony of all aspects of our being (physical body, psyche, and emotional body)[email protected]
It is carried out in 3 stages:
- A series of exercises called Kriya where breathing techniques are united to certain postures or movements. The importance of conscious breathing helps getting into a deeper emotional state and improves circulation of energies.
- Deep relaxation to incorporate the effect of the postures, to release stress, to regenerate physically and to mentally find well-being.
- A meditation technique to calm mental fluctuations, to improve concentration and to find inner peace.
- This course helps pregnant women to improve the quality of their pregnancy and also to prepare themselves in mind and body for the coming of their child.
- We do breathing, vocal and relaxing exercises as well as practice yoga postures that support the back and pelvis.
- The purpose is to provide wellbeing for mothers- to- be and the baby through the practice of Pranayama (mind- soothing breathing excercies), Asanas (adapted positions for pregnant women) and relaxation.
Centre De Yoga Iyengar De
Welcome to the website of the BKS Iyengar Yoga Centre of Brussels in Etterbeek.
Willy Bok and Rita Poelvoorde opened this centre in 2008 in a back house located between Ixelles and Etterbeek. Two assistant teachers have now joined them. The classes are given in two rooms - a small one and a big one - with the props at the studentsâ€™ disposal.
The yoga method which follows the teachings of Mr. BKS Iyengar (deceased 20.08.2014), ann yoga master living in Pune,, with his family, and where his daughter Geeta and his son Prashant teach in the Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute.
Mr. BKS Iyengar has reinforced the alignment in the postures, developed the intensity and duration of each posture as well as the art of sequencing to enhance the benefits on the physical, physiological, nervous, mental and spiritual components of health. In order to practice the postures (asanas) with proper alignment and safely, props such as blankets, wood blocks, belts, ropes, chairs, benches, suspensions â€¦ are used and put at the studentsâ€™ disposal.
The method is systematic and progressive: it aims to first reinforce the studentâ€™s self confidence. The practitioner rediscovers his own body potential while limbering his joints and toning his muscles. The digestive, urogenital, respiratory, cardiac, nervous and hormonal systems are irrigated. The class closes with a deep relaxation; the student is freshened and revivified, ready to face the ups and downs of daily life.
Mr. BKS Iyengar, born in 1918 and parted from this world on the 20th of August 2014, has devoted his life to the practice and teaching of yoga. He has written several books, now reference texts, like Light On Yoga, Light on Pranayama, The Tree of Yoga, Light on Life, etcâ€¦Geeta Iyengar, his daughter is a yogini devoted to develop yoga and its benefits to women. She has written Yoga A gem for Women and Yoga in Action.
The Iyengar Centre of Brussels in Etterbeek was inaugurated on the 9th of November 2008 with a â€˜pujaâ€™ led by Mr Faeq Biria. It is located between Ixelles and Etterbeek within a 5 minute walk distance from Place Flagey. It comprises two yoga rooms with all the props and changing rooms for men & women. The Iyengar yoga Centre of Brussels is led by Willy Bok and Rita Poelvoorde, certified Iyengar yoga teachers, who follow faithfully the teachings of the Iyengar family. Two other teachers assist them.
Bodyfit pilates.be Schaerbeek
My name is Sandra, Eileen Larose. I am a mother of 5 kids. I love sport and I practiced long distance running, tennis, aerobic, zumba, boxing and yoga. I was first introduced to Pilates exercise 10 years ago. I practiced it twice a week and felt rapidly the benefit of such exercises for my body and mind. I have lived in various countries. When I moved to South Africa I decided to go further in Pilates and I followed courses to become a certified comprehensive BASI (basipilates.com) Pilates instructor. My mentor was BASI chief faculty for South Africa, Ms Theo Van der Riet and I benefited also from trainings by Ashley Richie, Tash Barnard and Ed Botha. Pilates is a real passion which I want to share with people to help them to better know their body and to strengthen it for fitness and wellness. Joseph Pilates was born near DÃ¼sseldorf, Germany in 1883. In 1926 Joseph and his wife Clara set up the first Pilates studio in New York City, USA. During his career Joseph developped more than 600 exercices for the various pieces of apparatus he invented. His guiding philosophy was that with the apparatus the whole body must be exercised to achieve good health. Pilates equipment is designed to condition the entire body using positions and movements which ultimately correct body alignment and balance.My name is Sandra, Eileen Larose. I am a mother of 5 kids. I love sport and I practiced long distance running, tennis, aerobic, zumba, boxing and yoga. I was first introduced to Pilates exercise 10 years ago. I practiced it twice a week and felt rapidly the benefit of such exercises for my body and mind. I have lived in various countries. When I moved to South Africa I decided to go further in Pilates and I followed courses to become a certified comprehensive BASI (basipilates.com) Pilates instructor. My mentor was BASI chief faculty for South Africa, Ms Theo Van der Riet and I benefited also from trainings by Ashley Richie, Tash Barnard and Ed Botha. Pilates is a real passion which I want to share with people to help them to better know their body and to strengthen it for fitness and wellness.
Atlantide Yoga Studio
- How was Atlantis? The association was founded in December 1986. In January 87, the yoga classes have started.
- After a few months, we gathered with friends to discover new horizons: meditation, dance therapy, taiji quan ...
- Quickly it turned into conferences. Then the other disciplines, therapists wished to present their activities in the premises of the association.
- Atlantis The buildings consist of a room of 100 m2 and three other rooms of 35 and 45 m2. We have 7 rooms where we can comfortably accommodate 20 people in groups of 2, 3 or 4.
What is the philosophy of Atlantis?
- All the activities developed by the association aims to get people to calm, the encounter with themselves, to return to the center.
- As rightly said a girl, "by breathing, I feel that the spirit has to descend into the belly." Return to feel and take the time to let them live in us is a way to be or to find oneself, just a little away from the fever of the world of work and business.
- We welcome people who offer activities aimed at the welfare, well-being of man at large.
- We are attached to any philosophical movement.
- Our basic thought is respect for everyone, as it is, as it thinks just like a human being.
- We want to be a place where every person who comes here feels accepted, in mutual respect.
yoga teacher training:
- traditional massage therapists training resuming the oil massage, foot reflexology and lymphatic drainage;
- training in Ayurveda and Ayurvedic massage including many different massages, so that the whole body back, head, shoulders, etc.
Who founded Atlantis?
- Atlantis was created at the initiative of Huguette Declercq in 1986.
- Huguette Declercq is the mother of two children. She has a teacher training in mathematics and taught for nearly 30 years in Belgian schools.
This proximity of youth 12 to 16 years has allowed him to stay in constant contact with their multiple questioned: "Young people are ruthless about our flaws and our shortcomings, and as I have always agreed to play fair with them I have often seen how they saw me ... "she says. "It helped me in my search for the meaning of life.
BootKamp Pilates Etterbeek
Working to fatigue is the biggest difference between BootKamp and classical Pilates. Our state-of-the art Balanced Body Reformer machines allow your muscles to work against stronger resistance, increasing your effort and maximizing results. Our intense, dynamic system is one of the most effective body-conditioning workouts available anywhere. Fitness party! Are you ready to have fun as you get in shape? Thatâ€™s exactly what the BootKamp Pilates program is all about. Itâ€™s an exhilarating, effective, easy-to-follow, calorie-burning Pilates fitness-party thatâ€™s moving people just like you toward joy and better health. Our Reformer machines - a sophisticated version of what Joseph Pilates used - provide an efficient, no-impact workout that helps you lose fat and strengthen muscles without putting on bulk. Many celebrities have adopted this highly effective fitness regimen - now you can too. Here are a few tips: Decide you are worth it! Being fit is an investment in you, your family, and your long-term quality of life. Start slowly, set realistic goals, invite friends, colleagues, or relatives to train with you. Surround yourself with people who support your efforts. Although BootKamp Pilates offers fast results, remember being fit is a lifelong journey that requires hard work, commitment, and healthy choices. And lastly, again, decide you are worth it!
Iyengar Yoga Studio
Welcome to Y-Pilates studio, 5 km from the center of Ghent is the fully equipped Pilates studio Yves De Moor, Full Certified Comprehensive Peak Pilates Â® instructor. You can go here for pilates classes both on the mat and with devices, both in groups and individually. What is it? Pilates is a holistic mind-body-spirit training, since the beginning of last century by Joseph Pilates called Contrology with continuous six Pilates principles are applied. Read more "" For who is it? In general you can say that Pilates exercise is good for everybody , both healthy and active individuals as people who because of their condition or age are unable to train in normal sports. Read more "" How to start? Do you want to know and feel how pilates works, make an appointment for a first visit. During the first sessions you learn the basic techniques and an individual program is developed that is adapted to what your body can handle.
Charlotte Pilates Studio
"Our method is what makes us different A challenging, low impact, total body workout that focuses on strengthening the core and elongating rather than bulking musculature. Pilates is a resistance-based exercise that uses tension to strengthen and stretch, allowing the body to develop a long, strong, lean form. Functional training attempts to adapt or develop exercises which allow individuals to perform the activities of daily life more easily and without injuries. Our small class sizes mean that you get more hands-on instruction with an emphasis on technique, which leads to amazing results. Our experienced and knowledgeable instructors deliver quality programs with your goals in mind. Their understanding of anatomy and movement, combined with years of teaching experience, give them the ability to help you tweak your form. PHYSIO PILATES Pilates is known for being one of the safest and most efficient ways to stretch, strengthen and rehabilitate your body, without building bulk or stressing your joints. For many, back pain can be caused by poor mechanics of the spine or by a weak back and abdominal muscles. For others, a job that requires heavy lifting or sitting all day can be a major influence. Whatever the cause, a carefully designed Pilates program can help you alleviate your pain, regain motion, speed up your recovery, and build the strength that helps you prevent reinjury