– BEng (Hons)
– Managing Director & Co-Founder, BodyTree Group
– Managing Director & Co-Founder, Pilates BodyTree®
– Faculty & Co-Founder, BodyTree Academy
– Pilates Method Alliance (PMA®) Certified Teacher
– Fletcher Pilates® Professional Teacher
– Evidence Based Fitness Academy (EBFA) Master Instructor
– PowerPlate® Certified Master Trainer
– PowerPlate® Small Group Master Trainer
– Barefoot Training Specialist® Level 1,2, 3
– BARE® Workout Instructor
– Rehab Trainer
– Functional Anatomy for Movement & Injuries
– Clinical Orthopedic Manual Therapy
– McGill 1 & 2
– Pelvic Floor & Core Foundations (Burrell Education)
– Women’s Wellness and Whole Body Vibration (Burrell Education)
– Certified Sports Massage Therapist
– Fletcher Pilates® Adjunct Faculty (2009-2014)
– Pilates lecturer, Dip Dance, NAFA (2004-2006)
– Physical Training Instructor, SAF (2000-2002)
Jerry is an energetic and dedicated teacher. His greatest fulfilment in teaching Pilates came from witnessing how impactful changes in his students’ physical bodies had positive influences over other aspects of their lives. This helped define his life mission; To teach and inspire people to take changes that would improve their quality of life.
Jerry studied Pilates with Pilates Master Teacher and Elder, Ron Fletcher (1921-2011) in 2004. Ron’s emphasis on excellence influenced him to constantly explore ways to develop his teaching skills. Jerry’s greatest strength is his ability to adapt and adjust teaching methods to different learning personalities so as to make learning simple yet effective. Jerry is actively involved in mentoring Pilates Teachers so that they can in turn bring more impactful change to more people.
In his last 14 years of teaching Pilates, Jerry has frequently helped people with knee, back, shoulder and neck problems. He especially loved and taught many runners, golfers, tennis players, skiers, yogis and dancers to improve their sports performance using Pilates. Jerry’s most recent stint is teaching Pilates to the elite Cirque Du Soleil’s Kooza to prepare them for their high level performance. Coupled with his experience in teaching people with serious back pain in his ‘Get Back On Track’ program, Jerry strongly believes that Pilates is a critical foundation to any movement program out there.