4 Centres Found
Still Hot Yoga Studio
Still Hot Yoga offers safe and approachable Bikram yoga, Hot Yoga and Vinyasa instruction in a casual and friendly environment. About Our Studio Please try to arrive early on your first visit. Classes begin punctually and the doors may be locked 3-5 minutes before the class start time. We open 30 minutes before classes except for 6:00 am and 8:15 pm when we open 15 minutes before class. All clients are required to fill out a waiver. You can get a head start by downloading the waiver and bringing it with you already filled out. Download Waiver Hot Yoga Preparation Hot Yoga is best practiced on an empty stomach. It is advisable to avoid eating for 2-3 hours before class but everyone is different â€” some find it helpful to have a light snack before class for energy such as a piece of fruit or yogurt. You may need to experiment to find what works best for you. be well hydrated before taking class. Please be in the yoga room and ready to begin before the scheduled class start time. It helps us finish on time if we can start on time. Bring only plain water (in a non-breakable container) in the yoga room.
What is Bikram Yoga?
Bikramâ€™s Beginning Yoga Class is a series of 26 postures including two breathing exercises, which is suitable for anyone 16 years and older and at any level of ability. Each posture strengthens specific muscles, ligaments and joints at the same time it prepares the body for the next posture. The Bikram method also stimulates the organs, glands and nerves, moving fresh, oxygenated blood to 100 percent of the body, restoring all systems to a healthy working order.
- Do not practice immediately after a meal. A light healthy snack such as fruit, yogurt or nuts is advisable an hour or two beforehand but you wonâ€™t be comfortable if you practice with a full stomach.
- Bring a large towel, a wash cloth, a bottle of water and a yoga mat (new clients may borrow a mat from us for their first class.
- Wear a leotard, stretch pants, exercise shorts, or a swim suit. The room is heated and you will be sweating.
- Drink plenty of water before and after every class.
- Please be in the yoga room and ready to begin BEFORE the scheduled class start time.
- Inform your instructor of any serious health problems or injuries before taking a class.
- If you have an injury or have been given posture modifications for any other reason, please set up in the back of the room.
- Only enter the studio with clean bare feet.
- Leave watches, cell phones, pagers, dangling or bulky jewelry, etc. in the dressing room.
- Do not wear perfume, cologne or other smelly stuff into the yoga room â€” showers are available before and after class.
- Bring only PLAIN WATER (in a non-glass container) in the yoga room. Ice is discouraged.
- Stay on your yoga mat and towel as much as possible.
- Try to stay in the room for the entire class, including through the full final Savasana.
Body And Brain Yoga And Tai Chi Decatur
About Movement Pilates Studio
Decatur Yoga And Pilates
Whether you are brand new or a seasoned yogi, you have come to the right place. We make it easy to dip your toe or dive right in.Welcome to Decatur Yoga. We have served the Decatur community and beyond for 13 years and we still love what we do. We were pioneers back in 2003 by being the first studio to embrace the concept of offering numerous styles of yoga under one roof. This new approach was well received, and since then, many studios have implemented this very same concept. Imitation is the best form of flattery. Our Mission Our mission is to provide a safe and welcoming environment whereby a student can: learn about the true essence of yoga through exploration, discovery, acceptance and understanding, in order toâ€¦ progress in a calm, mindful and safe yoga practice toâ€¦ become a strong, knowledgeable and discerning yogi or yogini. This beautiful evolution would lead this yogi or yogini to take their yoga off the mat into their everyday lives in order toâ€¦make the world a better place! Our Philosophy DY encourages a balanced approach to yoga, embracing a blend of styles and methods. Our instructors work with students at every level of experience, providing modifications for asanas (poses) as needed, helping them learn to listen to and trust the wisdom of their own bodies, and encouraging home practice to deepen the health and wellness benefits of yoga. All of our teachers are yoga alliance certified and are always evolving through continuing education and workshops to help keep their teaching fresh and inspiring.Classes often begin with setting an intention, relaxation and pranayama (breathwork), followed by a flowing series of asanas (poses) that range from gentle movements to a challenging physical workout. Conscious breathing, which creates a steady, energized presence, is coordinated with the various practices. Classes end with time for rest and integration.