Amalaki : King of Vitamin C
Amalaki the most powerful Ayurvedic Rasayana (tonic), commonly known as Indian gooseberry or amla. In Sanskrit Amalaki means ‘The sustainer’, its primary quality and main therapeutic benefit is Vayastapana, which means ‘stopping ageing’.
Amalaki is known for its anti-ageing benefits and is being researched for its benefits in treating cancer, diabetes and heart diseases.
What is Amalaki good for?
Amalaki or the fruit of the Amla tree is considered as the ‘Mother’ as it cares for the mind and body system, it is the ultimate healer due to its immune restorative properties. Amalaki is the best known natural source of heat stable vitamin c, it is a powerful antioxidant and has a good amount of polyphenols. The following are the benefits of Amalaki
- Anti-Aging : Due to its immune restorative properties it is a great at rejuvenating the entire body
- Skin and Hair : Best known natural source of heat stable vitamin C makes it great for skin repair and hair up keep
- Digestion : Amalaki contains polyphenols which aid in digestion, metabolism, elimination and normal liver function
- Heart : In Ayurveda Amalaki is being used to treat age-associated cardiac dysfunction Its effects have been recognized by modern medical science
- Reducing Blood Sugar : Being rich in antioxidants and polyphenols makes Amalaki powder great at reducing sugar level in blood and treating diabetes
Is Amalaki good for hair?
Yes it is good for hair and skin as it is a powerful antioxidant and very rich in vitamin c.
Is it true that Amalaki is an ayurvedic ingredient?
Yes is a well-known herb used in Ayurveda. There are hundreds of formulations in which Amalaki is used; it is also the base ingredient in chyawanprash.
What's the taste of Amalaki powder?
Comparing it to water it is a little salty and sour.