Brahmi is known to be the world’s most powerful natural adaptogen, It has been used in the Indian Ayurvedic treatments of ages. Brahmi botanical name Bacopa monnieri is sometimes incorrectly referred as gotu kola, both herbs do look similar but are different in how and the dosage they are consumed in.
According to webmd
Bacopa might increase certain brain chemicals that are involved in thinking, learning, and memory. Some research suggests that it might also protect brain cells from chemicals involved in Alzheimer's disease.
Benefit of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) when consumed on a regular basis
- Believed to increase brain activity and memory
- Used to ease stress and nervous tension
- Used to curbs restlessness
- Increases mucus production in the digestive tract and is used to treat stomach ulcers and irritable bowel syndrome
Who should not consume Brahmi?
- Pregnant women or women who are nursing
- Women taking oral contraceptives
- People undertaking hormone replacement therapy
Though Brahmi is a safe ayurvedic herb and is available without prescription it is advisable to consult a doctor before consuming it on a daily basis.