Moringa the magical tree
Sure you have heard of superfoods there is a new kid on the block called Moringa. Moringa is native to Himalayan mountains and the entire plant from the leaves to the root is used for medicinal purposes for which Moringa is also called the ‘Miracle Tree.’
Moringa leaves are dried and powdered to make Moringa the superfood powder, the fruit called Drumstick is used in various food preparations. The king is Moringa Oil extracted from the seeds, in the historical book of Ayurveda called ‘Bhava Prakash’ Moringa oil is called Sigur the one that moves like an arrow named so due to its ability rapidly and deeply penetrate tissues, even to the depth of the bone marrow for deep cleansing.
What is moringa seed oil good for?
The Romans and Greeks used this edible oil extracted from the seeds for skin lotions, ointments, and perfumes. In Egypt, Moringa oil was used for protecting the skin against the ravages of sun, sand, and dust during the long travels in the desert. The following are the uses and benefits of moringa seed oil
- Cooking : A monounsaturated healthy fat high in high in protein and oleic acid is great for cooking
Moisturizer & Topical cleanser : The presence of oleic acid in Moringa oil’s makes it a great cleansing and moisturizing agent for skin and hair
- Anti-inflammatory : Moringa oil includes tocopherols, catechins, quercetin, ferulic acid, and zeatin which are bioactive compounds having anti-inflammatory properties they are also good for treating acne breakouts.
- Antioxidant : Moringa oil contains beta-sitosterol, a phytosterol which is believed to have antioxidant and antidiabetic benefits, although research is still being done to confirm this.
- Repairs and protects the skin from pollution believed to have anti aging properties
- Provides relief from pain and helps in relaxation
- Nourishes dry and flaky skin
- Helps fight acne and reduce dark spots
Can I use moringa oil on my face?
Yes you can. It is recommended to clean and tap dry your face before application. In case you have severe ache please consult your doctor before application.
How do you use Moringa oil?
If you are not using Moringa essential oil then you can simply add 5-8 drops on your palm rub the oil as to warm the oil and apply it where you would like and massage the skin till you feel the oil has been absorbed by the skin.
Can I drink Moringa at night?
Moringa tea and Moringa leaf powder can be consumed in the night. Warning please don’t drink Moringa oil as its purity and content might not be known.
Is Moringa oil good for wrinkles?
Yes. Moringa oil is easily absorbed by the skin, improving the appearance and radiance of skin. It has vitamin A, which helps build collagen in the skin, vitamin C to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles and vitamin E which has healing and anti-inflammatory benefits. All of the above make Moringa Oil great for anti-aging application.