Ayurveda the oldest science of life and the human body professes that
The natural state of the human body is that of health, happiness and an inner sense of well-being. Health is defined as the body being clear of toxins, the mind is at peace, emotions are calm and happy, wastes are efficiently eliminated and organs are functioning normally.
Our city lifestyle where we work late wake up late, eat when we want and eat what we crave for at that moment totally upsets our body, mind and throws are emotions all over the place. We accumulate toxins, our guts are full of waste deposits that have not been eliminated and our hormones are all wacked out of their normal limits. The solution according to Ayurveda is Panchakarma a 5 stage detox programme with treatments and medications that detox your entire body, mind and soul.
India has a plethora of Ayurveda centres (5000+) that offer Panchakarma but only a select few have their own herbs farms, talented Ayurvedic Doctors, all the amenities to understand and practice an ayurvedic lifestyle and a decade of ayurvedic experience. We have done all the homework for you and created a curated list of 12 of the most popular award winning Ayurvedic Panchakarma centres in India that are certified, have more than a decade of experience and have their own herbs farm and in house medicine and oil production. The list below has been sorted in descending order of popularity which is based on the quality and quantity of reviews, web traffic and bounce rate.
Location: Palakkad, Kerala
Blessed with a legacy of expert disciplinarians, with 50 spas and centres in 10 countries is the brand Kairali. The flagship panchakarma retreat called Kairali Ayurveda Healing Village is located in the forest area of Pallakad, Kerala.
Kairali Ayurvedic Healing Village is a multiple award winning ayurveda centre and was chosen as Wellness Mecca’s in the World among the top 10 in Asia and top 50 in the world by National Geographic Traveler. The centre has won World Luxury Spa Award “Best Luxury Destination Spa” multiple times in the last 5 years, it has also won “Best Ayurvedic Health Resort” by India Travel Awards in 2010. Kairali Ayurvedic Healing Village is a Green Leaf Certified Ayurveda Centre (highest quality certification provided by the government of Kerala).
The most popular panchakarma retreat at Kairali is the 14 Days Ayurvedic Panchakarma Detox Package and it includes the following
- Welcome drink on arrival
- 14 night accommodation in beautifully designed independent villa
- All vegetarian meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Unlimited supply of herbal water
- Daily steam bath
- 2 Ayurvedic therapies
- Complimentary juice or herbal tea with every session of massage
- Complimentary group yoga and meditation sessions every morning
- Complimentary lecture on Yoga and Ayurveda once a week
- Complimentary cooking workshop and village walk once a week
- Organic garden guided tour
- Evaluation of personal lifestyle and fitness on a daily basis
- Swimming pool, library, gym and all indoor facilities can be used for free
Cost of 14 Days Ayurvedic Panchakarma Detox Package starts at: US$ 3,419 | 2,54,194 INR
Location: Kottukal, Kerala
Standing on a cliff overlooking the Arabian Sea, admits 15 acres of lush green coconut garden, on the pristine beachfront of Chowara in the south of Kovalam, near Trivandrum is Travancore Heritage Ayurveda Resort. The Travancore Heritage is promoted by the well renowned Deedi Group and managed by professionally qualified and experienced team of managers and staff. Travancore Heritage is the 150 year old palace built in Kerala's traditional architecture. Most of the houses in Travancore Heritage are built in 'Naalukettu' style at various periods in the past 60 - 100 years. Anandam, the ayurvedic center at Travancore Heritage offers a variety of packages for all seasons and especially for the monsoon.
The most popular panchakarma retreat at Travancore Heritage Ayurveda Resort is the 15 Days Rejuvenating Program with Panchakarma and Daily Regimens and it includes the following
- 14 days accommodation in AC Beach Grove/Heritage Home Rooms
- Daily 2 Ayurveda treatments
- 3 Ayurvedic meals (Full board)
- Daily doctor consultation
- Daily yoga and meditation sessions
- Complimentary transfer from Trivandrum Airport / Railway Station to the Resort
Cost of 15 Days Rejuvenating Program with Panchakarma and Daily Regimens starts at: US$ 2,359 | 1,75,386 INR
Location: Whitefield, Bengaluru
Founded in 2002 and rated amongst the Top Ayurvedic Health resorts in the country providing authentic Ayurvedic Treatments is Ayurvedagram Heritage Wellness Centre located in the beautiful city of Bengaluru. Ayurvedagram Heritage has 7 acres of lush vegetation with more than 200 species of rare medicinal herbs which their parent company Kerala Ayurveda Limited (KAL) has been maintaining over 80 years.
Ayurvedagram received the award as the best Wellness Service Provider Company of the Year 2010 and 2011 by Frost and Sullivan. Visited by people such as Anoushka Shanker and the Maharaja of Jodhpur, Ayurvedagram truly embraces the gentle magic of Ayurveda.
The most popular panchakarma retreat at Ayurvedagram Heritage Wellness Centre is the 14 Days Panchakarma Retreat and it includes the following
- 13 night accomodation
- 3 group session of yoga, meditation and pranayama
- 3 vegetarian meals
- Bed tea/ coffee and herbal drinks
- Doctor Consultation
- Pick up and drop from Bengaluru International Airport
Cost of 14 Days Panchakarma Retreat starts at: US$ 2,800 | 2,08,173 INR
Location: Kottukal, Kerala
With Ayurveda experience spanning more than 4 decades Dr. Franklin’s Panchakarma Institute located in Chowara, Kerala was founded in 1997 by Dr. V. Franklin, formerly chief district medical officer of the government of Kerala. Dr. Sony Joseph who is Managing Director and Chief Physician at the centre since 2004 has more than 15 years of experience in the field of Ayurveda and Panchakarma.
Dr Franklin’s has an inhouse medicine-manufacturing unit and a pharmacy to ensure the quality of oils and herbal preparations which are used for treatments.
The most popular panchakarma retreat at Dr Franklin’s Panchakarma Institute is the 28 Days Ayurvedic Panchakarma Retreat and it includes the following
- 27 night accommodation
- 3 ayurvedic vegetarian meals based on doctors consultation
- 1 ayurvedic massage daily and other treatments based on doctors consultation
- Free use of the centres facilities like swimming pool and fitness centre
- Basic Ayurveda cooking course
- Pick up and drop from the airport
- Dental consultations & translators on request
- Dance and musical instruments classes on demand
- Travel desk and sightseeing/backwater tours on demand
Cost of 28 Days Ayurvedic Panchakarma Retreat starts at: US$ 3,483 | 2,58,952 INR
Location: Whitefield, Bengaluru
Spread across 30 acres of beautifully cultivated land in the countryside east of Bangalore, less than half an hour from the airport is Soukya, Dr. Mathai's International Holistic Center. Soukya is a World’s First Holistic Health Centre, a family run organization founded in 2002 and headed by Dr. Issac Mathai M.D., a holistic physician who is an internationally renowned holistic health consultant. Soukya is a residential medical institute that offers the most authentic and genuine Ayurveda treatments delivered by 4th generation Ayurvedic doctors.
Soukya has its own herb garden where they grow over 300 medicinal plants & herbs which are the key ingredients of oils and medicines made in house.
Soukya is India's 1st NABH Accredited AYUSH Hospital since 2012. Soukya ayurveda has won multiple awards such as ‘Best of India Place for Nature Cure’ by India Today in 2006, Prestigious ‘Best Wellness Centre’ by National Tourism Awards 2008-2009 in 2010, Winner of the ‘Best Indian Holistic Health Resort’ at the CNBC Awaaz Travel Awards 2010, ‘Best Luxury Wellness and Holistic Healing Centre’ by Royal India, Dubai 2013 and ‘Most Spiritual Centre’ in the world by Conde Nast Traveler, London 2015.
The 21 Days Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapy is the most famous panchakarma retreat offered by Soukya and it includes the following
- 20 nights accommodation
- Basic Consultation with the doctors
- Diet Consultation
- Soukya’s organic vegetarian cuisine
- Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch, Tea & Dinner)
- Common Yoga in the morning and evening
- Handmade Jute footwear and bag
- Use of all recreational facilities – Library, 2.2km walking track, Indoor & outdoor games, swimming pool, etc
- Weekly activities
Cost of 21 Days Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapy starts at: US$ 10,710 | 7,96,262 INR
Location: Kovalam, Kerala
World's First Ayurveda Village with a Resort Ambiance located in Kovalam, Kerala set up in a beach ambiance was Somatheeram Ayurveda Village founded in 1985. The founder was Mr. Baby Mathew, Managing Director and Architect. Somatheeram is a Heritage Ayurveda Resort and has been Green Leaf Classified by the government of Kerala.
Somatheeram has 30 treatment rooms, Medicine Manufacturing Unit, Herbal Garden and an Ayurveda Academy. It has won many national and international awards for excellence in Ayurvedic Treatments including 10 times winner of state award from the government of Kerala, ‘Seva Chakara Puraskar 2011’, ‘Eco-friendly Tourism Award’ by Natour, Switzerland, ‘The Rashtriya Rattan Award for Outstanding Services’ and many more.
The most popular panchakarma retreat at Somatheeram Ayurveda Village is 14 Days Ayurveda Panchakarma and Rasayana Package and it includes the following
- 13 night accommodation
- Daily Ayurvedic treatments
- Ayurvedic vegetarian full board meal
- Initial, daily and final consultation by the doctor
- Free medicines during the treatment period
- Composition of an individual Ayurveda diet menu
- One half-day backwater tour in a country boat
- Airport transfer from Thiruvananthapuram
Cost of 14 Days Ayurveda Panchakarma and Rasayana Package starts at: US$ 3,085 | 2,29,362 INR
Location: Chingoli, Kerala
Forerunners in Authentic Ayurveda and Yoga since 1908, located at a peaceful lush ambiance in Alappuzha district, Kerala is Krishnendu Ayurveda. Krishnendu was established by Late M.C Kunjuraman Vaidyan and further developed by renowned R. Krishnan Vaidyan, the centre is a repository of rich wisdom in Ayurveda and holistic medicines accumulated over 4 generations. Krishnendu Ayurveda has been voted as the ‘Best Ayurveda Centre’ thrice in Kerala for its exceptional quality of treatments and medicines. Krishnendu has Green Leaf Certification by the Department of Tourism, Government of Kerala.
All medicines utilized at Krishnendu are prepared strictly adhering to authentic ancient Ayurvedic formulations and procedures. Since 1908 Krishnendu has successfully treated and spread smiles in more than 2.5 million patients.
The 14 Days Panchakarma Retreat is the most popular panchakarma retreat offered by Krishnendu Ayurveda and includes the following
- 13 nights accommodation
- Wellness consultation by Ayurveda doctor on arrival
- Panchakarma treatment
- 3 Sattvic meals daily as per Ayurveda doctor’s recommendation
- Daily yoga & meditation group classes
- Ayurvedic medications during stay
- All kinds of oils, herbs
Cost of 14 Days Panchakarma Retreat starts at: US$ 1,233 | 91,670 INR
Location: Devanahalli, Bengaluru
Overlooking hills on 3 sides and a lake on the 4th is Shathayu Ayurveda located just a 25 minutes drive from the Bengaluru International Airport. Established in the year 1901 by the renowned Vidya Ratna Ramayya Swamy Shathayu Ayurveda carries with it a history of over 119 years. In India Shathayu has its well established clinics in Bangalore and Hyderabad and International Wellness Centers in Houston, Texas, and Perth.
Shathayu Ayurveda won the “Franchisor of the year 2015” award for promoting research & evidence based Ayurvedic treatment programs.
The 15 Days Ayurvedic Panchakarma Detox Retreat is the most popular panchakarma retreat offered by Shathayu and it includes the following
- 14 nights accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner satvik meals
- Daily personal lifestyle and fitness evaluation
- 2 ayurvedic therapies
- Daily yoga and meditation classes
- Lecture on Ayurveda (Once a Week)
- Demonstration on Ayurveda cooking (Once a Week)
- Unlimited supply of herbal-water
- Complimentary village walk (Once a Week)
- Juice or herbal tea after every massage
Cost of 15 Days Ayurvedic Panchakarma Detox Retreat starts at: US$ 3,132 | 2,32,856 INR
Location: Palakkad, Kerala