Warm hearted welcoming people, white sandy beaches, timeless ruins, beautiful elephants, budget surfing spots, trains with wide open windows that ply on the beach and inside forests, lush green tea estates and colourful food make Sri Lanka a must visit on every travellers list.
This country, like its bigger next door neighbour is also famous for the practice of Ayurveda and Yoga and many Europeans come to the beach towns of Sri Lanka to get an authentic Ayurvedic Treatment be it rejuvenation, panchakarma or weight loss. If you want to enjoy the best quality service and the best possible locations then this list of 7 most luxurious Ayurveda Retreats in Sri Lanka is where you should start, the list has been sorted in decreasing order of price.
Located an hour away from the historic city of Kandy is a minimalistic, multiple award winning Luxury Ayurveda Resort called Santani. Sitting at 2,800 feet above sea level Santani Ayurveda enjoys panoramic views of the scenic lush green hills. The weather is great all year round and ranges between 22-28 degrees.
The whole ayurvedic retreat is built in harmony with its surroundings, the common areas like the spa and the restaurant are designed to be Wi-Fi free and this downtime is highly appreciated by the retreat seekers of today. 4 Days Personal Dosha Management Ayurveda Retreat is the most popular retreat package at Santani Ayurveda Resort and it includes the following
- 4 Days Personal Dosha Management Ayurvedic Retreat
- 3 Nights Luxury Accommodation
- Wellness consultation with the Ayurvedic Doctor on arrival and departure
- Herbal medication specific to the dosha and health conditions
- Detox with purgation and/or enema as recommended by the Ayurvedic Doctor
- 90 mins group Yoga & Meditation session everyday
- 90 mins of daily personalized spa treatments based on the body analysis and consultation
- Daily use of steam sauna and thermal salt water pool
- Guided group walks
- Lifestyle discussions and healthy living guidance
Location: Kandy, Sri Lanka
Avg cost of luxury Ayurveda retreat per day: US$ 413
Spread over a lush 20 acres site at Kumbukkandanwala in Sigiriya near the serene Lake Kandalama is Amuna Luxury Ayurveda Retreat. Amuna retreat has a spa, 8 dwellings, 1 villa and 3 tree houses, each elegantly designed with traditional touches.
All Ayurveda therapies in Amuna are conducted by experienced therapists under the strict supervision of professional Ayurvedic Doctors and Physicians. Amuna offers traditional ayurveda treatments along with yoga and meditation and a strict in-house diet coupled with rest and relaxation.
The 14 Days Rejuvenation Retreat offered by Amuna Luxury Ayurveda Retreat is the most popular ayurveda retreat and it includes the following
- Free Ayurvedic Consultation from doctors
- Individual Diagnosis
- Ayurveda Treatments
- Free Internal Medication
- Panchakarma Treatments
- Herbal Body Wraps
- Ksheeradhara treatment
- Herbal Baths
- “Amuna” special treatment
- Acupuncture treatment
- Music Therapy
- Ayurvedic Diet
- 13 night accomodation
In this Luxury Ayurveda Retreat, dozens of remarkable therapies practiced in bygone eras are integrated into a personalised plan to soothe the senses and strengthen the body from within.
Location: Sigiriya, Sri Lanka
Avg cost of luxury Ayurveda retreat per day: US$ 265
Situated 65 km south of Colombo, Shunyata Villa is located directly on the idyllic Induruwa beach. The Ayurveda village is known for its pristine environment and peaceful beaches. The Ayurveda Resort is very appealing and luxuriously designed, surrounding the main area with its 5 large, extravagant and individually decorated rooms, all facing the sea.
Shunyata Luxury Ayurveda Retreat is an exclusive resort approved by Srilankan department of Ayurveda and tourism. When it comes to providing the ayurvedic wellness treatment which is supported by qualified and experienced therapists this luxury resort is counted in the list of bests in Sri Lanka. Shunyata Villa has 5 treatment spaces built from natural materials located in the Ayurveda Pavilion near the beach and a pool which is equipped with an ionization system provides healthy and healing water.
The most famous 14 Days Ayurveda Panchakarma Cure Program offered by Ayurveda Shunyata Luxury Ayurveda Retreat includes the following
- Initial and final consultation with Ayurvedic Doctor
- Ayurvedic medicine on individual prescription
- Ayurvedic herbal teas, juices and mineral water
- Yoga and Tai Chi
- Weekly Ayurvedic cooking demonstration
- Daily head and/or facial massage
- Medical foot massage
- Daily full-body massage depending on the prescription
- Relaxing massage, deep relaxation massage, synchronous massage
- Thermal treatment, powder treatment, herbal packs
- Acupuncture and acupressure
- 13 nights accommodation
Location: Induruwa, Sri Lanka
Avg cost of luxury Ayurveda retreat per day: US$ 264